Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Great Hike!





My co-workers and I went hiking again yesterday. This time we went to Red Reef Trail at the Red Cliffs park by Harrisburg. Its such a beautiful area up in those mountains. Perfect day to hike, the weather was great and the canyon had minimal water flowing. There were tons of pools and the farther we hiked up in the canyon the more flowing water we came in contact with. We hiked through water and came across some major obstacles. Six month old Scout was such a trooper, she enjoyed the trek very much. In some spots teamwork was needed to get her through the major obstacle. The 3rd picture down is where I slid on the rocks just below the surface and ended up doggy paddling to the rock edge and climbing up. Man that water was so cold and I was soaked up to my neck! I couldn't touch the bottom, it was very deep. Luckily I threw my pack to Lyle before attempting to NOT get wet, lol. Barabra made it across without slipping in... RUDE! On the way back I jumped across and didn't get wet! Some spots were slippery and very deep. In the pools there were tons of polliwogs and frogs all over the place. It was a great adventure and we had the best time, it was like exploring uncharted territory!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Looks like an absolutely beautiful hiking spot. Sucks you fell into the water though.