




Our newest adventure was to Valley of Fire, Nevada! I had never heard of this being a desired destination for camping or hiking, but soon found out that it's one of nature's greatest secrets. A co-worker told me about Valley of Fire, mentioning it was great this time of year. Too our surprise we found this to be an awesome place for hiking! We camped for 3 days! The scenery there is outstanding. There are so many rocks and hiking paths to explore. Nicail and William loved playing in the sand and YES they discovered the lizards. One of the pictures shows them trying to get a chuckwalla out of a rock, lol. They were so determined to catch him, but it any of you don't know they have these funky air bladders and wedge themselves in rock crevices so predators (a.k.a. kids) can't get them, lol. Shanna and I experienced these lizards down the Colorado River! Unfortunately they didn't catch that particular lizard but later startled another in a cave and got the best of him. WELL until I made them let him go. We did a little geo-caching and saw some awesome petroglyphs on the rocks, it was amazing. This is a great destination for camping, but only in the winter months, it was 75 to 80 degrees when we were there, this summer will be scorching!
1 comment:
Aww looks like fun- exploring and camping out. I had to laugh though, T.W is so funny with the kids. Great photos. Glad you guys had a great time!!!!
Post a Comment