Saturday, January 17, 2009

**Another Great Adventure**






My amazing tour guide took me to Victoria, Canada on our adventure in WA. We got on the ferry in Port Angeles, it took about 1 hr 40 minutes to get to Victoria. It was great fun on the ferry, T.W. and I played Phase 10 and drank hot chocolate the entire time. The ride back was longer and a little bumpy due to the storm hitting.

Victoria was so much fun, T.W. and I looked in tons of little shops and spent way too much time in China town, lol. We tried so many different kinds of foods, I think we spent most of our time eating. They had these huge dried fish cross cuts that we dared each other to try but never did (I was wondering if it was a fish version of jerky?). I'm still wondering how it might have tasted, oh well next time. There was this little hole in the wall Chinese place that we got the most awesome rolls in, we went back for seconds mid-day, lol.

I was fascinated with the totem poles all over the town, they had some really old ones in the museum we toured. It must take a lot of skill and time to build one totem pole! It was an amazing place to go, I loved the culture and history there. I want to go back, there was a lot that we didn't get to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much fun are you having? I am so happy for you! That sounds fascinating! I love to travel and it sounds like you are having a great time! Love Ya!