Tuesday, October 7, 2008

***MOAB!** Day Two


This is the second day of our trip to Moab. You can't go to Moab and not river raft down the Colorado! Its a must for this area, you get to see some beautiful sites! I wanted to originally go down the West River Canyon river trip, unfortunately they were not running that trip during the weekend T.W. and I were planning this trip. We settled on the Colorado trip, knowing it was pretty easy going part of the river (almost like the lazy river at Raging Waters, lol), we decided to go down in a kayak. It was really fun! We were in the same kayak and since I had never been in one, T.W. was our fearless leader and steered the thing! To our excitement there were several rapids that were fun to ride down. The first big one we went through was called the Rocky Rapids, it was pretty big for being in a little kayak! We hit some pretty big holes and managed not to flip over, lol. The second was called the White Rapids, which I think was much bigger that the latter. Our guide warned us after we ate a fabulous lunch to stay left of all the big boulders and go straight through the holes, otherwise we would flip our kayak. We were a little nervous after the warning but did exactly what he said and had the ride of our lives! The water was freezing, and I had the misfortune of being in the front, but we had so much fun! Next year we are going to go on the West River Canyon trip!

No comments: